I Have Learned


Living here in this brand new world night be a fantasy. But it taught me to love, so it’s real to me.
I have learned no matter what, everybody is right. Every man is who he is based on essence, upbringing, circumstances, education, life experiences, etc. We tend to judge others based on our principles and who we are.
I’ve learned that even the greatest men have had their personal conflicts, frustrations, and that in the middle of the night, very often alone; we have to make some personal and tough decisions.
I’ve also learned that when faced with these challenges and you make a decision, and it feels ok, you’re on the right track.
I’ve  learned that you can only love others when you truly love yourself first. And that when this happens and you take care of yourself you can demand respect from everyone.
I’ve learned to live today, taking advantage of every moment. To show and express love as often as I can. One of the few regrets I have is that I never told my father I loved him. He passed away when I was a child. As an adult I have learned that children can also express their love.
I’ve learned that even though very  far apart those strong, beautiful, powerful and certainly, unforgettable moments with my brothers and sister are stamped in heart and will live on forever. I consider those moments as a child and teenager my personal treasures. They some of the best chapters in the book called ‘life’.
I’ve learned that everyone needs his own time to heal, to forgive and to move on.
Not something to be forced. I’ve learned that a sister can love so strongly and have such a great bond, that she would never allow anyone hurting her brother.
She might feel so hurt she night want to distance herself, and she’s right.
The nicest person I’ve ever met.
I’ve learned that sometimes it’s necessary to wait and I’ll wait as long as it takes for her to be okay.
And guess what, at 47 I’m still learning.

HENRIQUE ANTON

0 comentários:

Deixe seu comentário!